League 1 Picks
League 1 is the third tier of competition in the Football League of England. 24 clubs compete for the right to join the Football Championship and the promise of elevation to the Premier League. League 1 may not be as popular as the other league competitions but the Football League fuels the growth of football in England. This growth is evident in the continued interest and commercial sponsorship.
Charlton Athletic won automatic promotion to the Championship finishing atop the League 1 table in 2011/2012, with Sheffield Wednesday also earning promotion in second place. Huddersfield Town were promoted following a penalty shootout in the playoff final against Sheffield United. Who will make the jump in 2013?
League 1 Betting Stats
Over the past 5 League 1 seasons:
- Home clubs have won 43% of matches played with away clubs winning 30% of the time. The remaining 27% of matches were drawn.
- 50% of League 1 matches finished over 2.5 goals with 28% finishing over 3.5 goals.
- Both teams scored in 54% of matches played with home clubs failing to score 23% of the time while holding away clubs without a goal 30% of the time.
- Home clubs scored the first goal in 51% of League 1 matches, with the away club score first 42% of the time while 7% of matches finished without a goal scored.
- When home clubs led at halftime, they went on to 77% of the time while when away clubs led at the half, they won 66% of matches.
Start betting on League 1 with Bet Victor
Bet Victor is a bookmaker with a rich and distinguished history in the betting business. They're currently offering new customers a free bet up to the value of £25 when signing up. Bet Victor is a great place to bet, so take advantage of their free bet offer today.