San Antonio Spurs - Winner Western Conference
|26-05-2012, 19:00||San Antonio Spurs - Winner Western Conference
League: NBA, USA
SAN ANTONIO SPURS TO WIN THE WESTERN CONFERENCEFinal result: 2 - 4
Profit: 0.00 - 6 = -6
Being a huge fan of the Spurs, this pick is just logical. For the rest of you which aren't bound to any NBA team, or fans of someone in the East, here some reasons why you should take the Spurs too.
1) Gregg Popovich (best coach of the NBA)
2) Duncan, Ginobili, Parker
3) Deepest bench
4) best rotation within the NBA
5) the Spurs ended the regular season with a 11 to nothing run, even without their big three which are more than rested thanks to Popovich's rotation tactic
6) The Supersonics are the only real thread for the Spurs, however, they simply lack the experience and it was already visible in game one of their series against the defending champions the Mavericks that the play-off had just began. Yep, it's a rough wind within the play-off you Supersonics .....
7) The Lakers as possible second thread, will be happy if they knock the Nuggets out in round 1. After round one, they will face the Supersonics or even the Mavericks in another though series which can go over 7-games
8) The Spurs should sweep the Jazz in round one, or it may be that they lose one of two at Salt Lake City. That's still 4-1 ..... and fresh into the conference semi-finals
9) In the Conference semis, the Spurs are awaiting either the Grizzlies or the Clippers. Both of them aren't a real thread either. Moreover, they have still something to clear with the Grizzlies should they overcome the Clippers in round one. Remember last years play-offs? Yep, that was a hard sweep in round one, and I'm sure neither the Spurs nor I have forgotten that .....
10) I'm out of reasons right now ...
Take the Spurs to win the Western Conference at a (still) great price at 3.00.
Medium stakes 6/10 on San Antonio Spurs to win the Western Conference
Posted on: 29.04.2012, 18.54 CET (Viewed: 1956 times)
Last edited: 07.05.2012, 12.44 CET by Joe
Match starts on: May 26, 2012
You must be logged in to post a comment! Sign up + or log in in the top right corner.
@poglavica & "most hits" That comparison you used just nailed it. At least in the way it is now. I understand the competition, but give it a monthly time frame. Right now, karatekid is second because he wrote a surreal tip TWO MONTHS AGO! How can he be at "most hits" of March? And well... I don't want to get involved on proffit's claim but I think poglavica has a point when he says he wants everyone to know of his thoughts, so better date it as further as possible. May Spurs lose to Utah (something is laughing inside me), then they wouldn't be at the finals obviously and this bet would be lost anyways.
So, then I see your point. I also don't give a crap to that most hits competition. Therefore dear Joe. Please move the date back to game 1 (April 30) of this series so everyone is happy and served. I will update the pick somewhere in June, so please don't send me a "you have picks to update" message for this one. I would really appreciate that. Thank you. Regards, Poglavica
You obviously took it personal. From my point of view the first match Spurs were involved in the action was Game 1 against Jazz.
@profitt Past, present or future. The date of the first match of the Conference finals is either May 26, 27, 28 or 29. So, that's the first available date when the Spurs will be in action within the Conference finals according to the rules. Back than when I've posted my pick, neither the NBA nor anyone else already announced the Conference finals dates. I don't now which information are available in Serbia, but at the official NBA pages it was like that. Furthermore, I honestly don't care which date it is, if you want we can put also August 2012 or March 2012 into the selection as I really don't give a shit which date it is. The only thing that matters is that I wanted to share my thoughts and recommendation to take the Spurs to win that damn Western Conference, nothing else. That was my second future bet in about 1800 bets, sorry if I misinterpreted the rules. @Crator +1 in regards to that competition you've mentioned. That one is as meaningless as a refrigerator in the Arctic. To the administrators of this site. Please edit the date to whatever date is needed to make profitt happy. Thank you in advance for your efforts and investigations in this matter. Cheers
@Crator I do agree with you about long term tips, but there are different rules at Serbian and English part of the site. That is the reason why the dates are different no matter mine bet is the same as this one by poglavica. It was strange to me too, but the rules are unsimilar and that is just the way it is.
profitt you have 2 tips on the serbian part of the website, which are very similar to this one from poglavica Ad according to you, or to BE rules, they are against the rules. As a note, and because you are talking about long term tips, I find it very disrupting how long term tips count for the Most Hits comptetiion on the month of the date and not the month of the post. Disrupting in a way that it takes away the "competition", because thinks are already settled. I hope you understand what I mean. Just this month, day 1, you profitt already had over 3k hits. Not wanting to point to you but that's how it is... Cheers
It is not problem for me to stay the date as it is, but the date shouldn't be the one when the conference finals are, but "The date chosen for ante-post bets must indicate the date on which the team / player involved is going to be in action next." You have posted this tip on 29th April, so the date selected should be in the past,since San Antonio Spurs have played couple of matches in meanwhile. Those are the BE rules.
Ok, I will have an eye on that. Thanks Joe.
I'll move it to the 26th, but it start on the 27th then please update me on this. thanks.
According to this site: http://www.nba.com/news/key-dates/index.html The conference finals begin in May 28 or 29 (possible move up to May 26 or 27). Therefore, what date should I put into the selection? May 28?
You should change the date for this pick, because of the rule: "The date chosen for ante-post bets must indicate the date on which the team / player involved is going to be in action next." Regards, profitt
Thunder is my pick. Youth and wish over experience. If Duncan starts to play like a youngster again, like he did in the last game maybe, but otherwise...Parker cannot do it all alone.