League 1 is the third tier of competition in the Football League of England. 24 clubs compete for the right to join the Football Championship and the promise of elevation to the Premier League. League 1 may not be as popular as the other league competitions but the Football League fuels the growth of football in England. This growth is evident in the continued interest and commercial sponsorship.
Betting on League 1 Football
League 1 presents punters with plenty of opportunity to find betting value throughout the football season. The number of League 1 betting tips that are posted by our community every weekend of the League 1 season reflects this passion for English football no matter what division it is. At bettingexpert, you'll find some of the best League 1 tipsters in the world.
Sky Bet League 1 Table 2015/16
Here is the live English League One table 2015/2016 with added-on form guide. It'll be updated automatically and is therefore always up to date - essential for creating the best League 1 tips!
Sky Bet League 1 Fixtures
How to Bet on Sky Bet League 1
Most bookmakers don't offer the same variety of betting options for League 1 that you would find for the major leagues of Europe. But there are still plenty of options available for those of us who enjoy betting on League 1. You will find 3-way betting, handicaps, goal totals and many other popular bet types available for League 1 at all popular bookmakers.
League 1 Betting Stats
Over the past 5 Sky Bet League 1 seasons:
- Home clubs have won 43% of matches played with away clubs winning 30% of the time. The remaining 27% of matches were drawn.
- 50% of League 1 matches finished over 2.5 goals with 28% finishing over 3.5 goals.
- Both teams scored in 54% of matches played with home clubs failing to score 23% of the time while holding away clubs without a goal 30% of the time.
- Home clubs scored the first goal in 51% of League 1 matches, with the away club score first 42% of the time while 7% of matches finished without a goal scored.
- When home clubs led at halftime, they went on to 77% of the time while when away clubs led at the half, they won 66% of matches.
More Expert Betting Tips From England
Betting on League 1 Football at BetVictor
BetVictor is a bookmaker with a rich and distinguished history in the betting business. They're currently offering new customers a free bet up to the value of £25 when signing up. BetVictor is a great place to bet, so take advantage of their free bet offer today.