The Football Championship (formerly known as 2nd Division) is one of the most competitive football leagues in Europe, with clubs competing each season for the prize of promotion to England's first tier, the Premier League.
Each season the clubs finishing 1st and 2nd achieve automatic promotion while clubs finishing 3rd to 6th enter a playoff series with the winner earning the right to play in one of the world's richest sporting leagues the following season.
English Championship Table 2015/16
Here is the live Championship league table 2015/2016 with added-on form guide. It'll be updated automatically and is therefore always up to date - essential for writing great football tips!
Betting On The Championship
The Championship offers punters plenty of opportunity to find betting value right through the football season. The number of Championship betting tips that are posted by our community every weekend of the season reflects this passion for English football no matter what the division is. You are certain to find some of the best Championship tipsters in the world at bettingexpert.
How To Bet On The Championship
Most bookmakers will not offer the same breadth of betting options for The Championship as you will find for the major leagues of Europe. But there are still plenty of options available for those of us who enjoy betting on The Championship. You will still find 3-way betting, handicaps, goal totals and many other popular bet types available for betting on The Championship at all respected bookmakers.
Football Championship Betting Stats
Over the past 5 Football Championship seasons:
- Home clubs have won 44% of matches played, with away clubs winning an equal of 28% with drawn contests.
- Matches ended over 2.5 goals 48% of the time with matches ending over 3.5 goals in 27% of matches played.
- Home clubs scored first in 52% of matches while the away club scored the opening goal in 40% of matches, leaving 8% of matches as scoreless draws.
- Both clubs scored in 53% of matches, while home clubs went scoreless in 22% of matches with away clubs unable to get on the scoreboard 32% of the time.
- When home clubs scored first they went on to win the match 72% of the time, while when away clubs scored first they won the match 59% of the time.
Bet On The Championship With William Hill
William Hill is one of the most respected and trusted bookmakers in the business. And they're currently offering new customers a free bet up to the value of £25. So open an account with the UK's leading bookmaker, William Hill today.