Often known as Le Championnat, French Ligue 1 is one of the most popular football leagues in Europe. Known for its low scoring and defensive nature, Ligue 1 currently sits 5th in league rankings across Europe behind the Premier League, Bundesliga, La Liga and Serie A. In its history Saint-Etienne and Marseille have claimed the most titles with 10 each, while Nantes has lifted the trophy on 8 occasions, with both Monaco and Lyon claiming the crown on 7 occasions. Each of Lyon's 7 titles were won consecutively from 2001/02 to 2007/08 while in 2012, Montpellier won their first Ligue 1 crown.
As Ligue 1 continues to attract more and more fans around Europe, so too does it attract members of the bettingexpert community as the league quickly becomes one of the most popular football leagues to bet on. Each week throughout the Ligue 1 season, you'll find members of the bettingexpert community offering their analysis and posting tips on our Ligue 1 betting tips board.
French Ligue 1 Stats
Over the last 5 Ligue 1 seasons:
- 44% of home clubs won their matches, with away clubs winning 26% of the time while matches ended in a draw 30% of the time.
- 42% of matches ended with over 2.5 goals scored while just over 70% of matches seeing at least two goals.
- Home clubs scored first in 54% of matches while away clubs got on the scoreboard first 35% of the time, with 11% of matches ending in a scoreless draw.
- Both teams scored in 48% of matches with home clubs going scoreless 24% of the time and away clubs failing to get on the scoreboard in 38% of Ligue 1 matches played.
- When home clubs led at halftime, they went on to win 78% of matches played while when away clubs led at the half, they won 68% of the time.
bettingexpert's Best Ligue 1 Tipsters
Our tipping community offers some of the best football tipsters you'll find and when it comes to Ligue 1 tips, it's no different. With our Tipster Stats Tool you can easily find the best Ligue 1 Tipsters to follow each and every week of the season.
Bet on Ligue 1 with Unibet
Unibet is one of the most respected and as equally popular online bookmakers in Europe. With a tremendous reputation and a comprehensive menu of betting options available for leagues across the world , it's a great place for anybody who wants to bet on Ligue 1. And currently new customers will receive a free bet up to the value of £20. You'll also find betting tools such as league statistics as well as live audio and video coverage of select events. With a great sign up offer Unibet is the perfect bookmaker for betting on Ligue 1.