The UEFA Champions league is the most lucrative and prestigious football club competition in the world. Every season, Europe's elite clubs compete for the most coveted trophy in European club football.
The most successful club in Champions League (and as it was formerly known, European Champion Club Cup) history is Real Madrid, having claimed 9 titles in all, their most recent being in 2002. AC Milan have won 7, most recently in 2007 while Liverpool sit in 3rd place with 5. In recent seasons it has been Barcelona who have dominated the competition, winning in 2006, 2009 and 2011.
Betting On The Champions League
The Champions League attracts an incredible amount of interest across the world every season and this is reflected in the amount of money that is bet on the Champions League at all stages of the tournament. Whether it be the early season qualification rounds, group stage action or the Champions League final in May, punters across the world love betting on the Champions League.
The bettingexpert community loves betting on the Champions League too. From the time the tournament starts with qualification matches in July, right through to the knockout stage, the bettingexpert community posts some of the best Champions League tips you'll find.
How To Bet On The Champions League
The Champions League is one of the most popular sporting events in the world and as such you'll find plenty of opportunities to find betting value as the tournament progresses. Popular bookmakers will offer you the full menu of betting options, from head to head betting, goal totals and handicaps.
If you prefer alternative markets or exotics, most bookmakers offer a great range of Champions League exotic markets, such as first goal scorer, time of first goal and correct score.
Champions League Betting Stats
Over the past 5 Champions League seasons:
- Home clubs have won 48% of Champions League matches, with away clubs winning 29%, while matches finished in a draw 23% of the time.
- Champions League matches finished over 2.5 goals 49% of the time, going over 3.5 goals in 29% of matches, while scoreless draws accounted for 7% of matches.
- The most common scorelines were both 1-1 and 1-0 which occurred in 11% of matches, while both 0-1 and 2-1 occurred in 8% of matches.
- 40% of matches were drawn at halftime with 32% of matches going to the half scoreless.
- The chances of an away club winning when down 0-1 at halftime was 6%, while the chances of a home doing likewise was 9%.
Bet On The Champions League With William Hill
William Hill is one of the most respected and trusted bookmakers in the business. And they're currently offering new customers a free bet up to the value of £25. So open an account with the UK's leading bookmaker, William Hill today.