Formerly known as the UEFA Cup, the UEFA Europa League is the continent's second most prestigious club competition behind the Champions League. Each season many of Europe's best clubs compete in the group stage with the best performing clubs advancing to the knock-out phase while third placed clubs from the Champions League group stage join the tournament.
UEFA Europa League Betting Tips
Being Europe's secondary club tournament behind the UEFA Champions League, the Europa League attracts tremendous betting interest every year. From the time that Europa League begins with qualification in July, through to the final in May, thousands of punters enjoying betting on the Europa League tournament and the 'big one' the Europa League final.
This popularity is reflected by the number of Europa League betting tips posted by the bettingexpert community right throughout the tournament. As the tournament progresses through each stage, the bettingexpert community post some of the best Europa League betting tips you'll find.
UEFA Europa League Fixtures 2016/17
- 16:00 GMT, 8th Dec 20160 Osmanlispor FK0 FC Zuerich
- 16:00 GMT, 8th Dec 20160 PAOK Thessaloniki FC0 Slovan Liberec
- 16:00 GMT, 8th Dec 20160 Villarreal0 Steaua Bucuresti
- 16:00 GMT, 8th Dec 20160 Konyaspor0 Gent
- 16:00 GMT, 8th Dec 20160 Qarabag FK0 Fiorentina
- 16:00 GMT, 8th Dec 20160 Braga0 Shakhtar Donetsk
- 18:00 GMT, 8th Dec 20160 Maccabi Tel Aviv0 Dundalk
- 18:00 GMT, 8th Dec 20160 Mainz 050 FK Qabala
- 18:00 GMT, 8th Dec 20160 APOEL Nicosia0 Olympiacos
- 18:00 GMT, 8th Dec 20160 Viktoria Plzen0 Austria Wien
- 18:00 GMT, 8th Dec 20160 Zorya0 Manchester United
- 18:00 GMT, 8th Dec 20160 Rapid Wien0 Athletic Bilbao
- 18:00 GMT, 8th Dec 20160 Anderlecht0 Saint-Etienne
- 18:00 GMT, 8th Dec 20160 AZ Alkmaar0 Zenit St. Petersburg
- 18:00 GMT, 8th Dec 20160 Astra Giurgiu0 Roma
- 18:00 GMT, 8th Dec 20160 BSC Young Boys0 FC Astana
- 18:00 GMT, 8th Dec 20160 Sassuolo0 Genk
- 18:00 GMT, 8th Dec 20160 Feyenoord0 Fenerbahce
- 20:05 GMT, 8th Dec 20160 Standard Liege0 Ajax
- 20:05 GMT, 8th Dec 20160 Nice0 FC Krasnodar
- 20:05 GMT, 8th Dec 20160 Southampton0 Hapoel Beer Sheva
- 20:05 GMT, 8th Dec 20160 Panathinaikos0 Celta Vigo
- 20:05 GMT, 8th Dec 20160 Salzburg0 Schalke 04
- 20:05 GMT, 8th Dec 20160 Inter0 Sparta Prague
UEFA Europa League Stats
The holders of the Europa League 2015 are La Liga side, Sevilla, they defeated Dnipro to retain their title, which they also won back in 2014.
The Europa League / Uefa Cup title has been won by Liverpool FC of England, Juventus FC and Internazionale FC of Italy a joint 3 times, however after Sevilla's win in 2015, they now go ahead as the record holders, with 4 Europa League titles in the books.
The Europa League tournament was founded in 1971 but has been in its current and revamped format since 2009 with 48 teams competing from the initial group stages all the way to the final.
A change that kicked in during the 2015 season was that all future Europa League winners will qualify automatically for the following season's UEFA Champions League (Sevilla qualified for the Champions League as winners in 2015).
UEFA Europa League Final
The Europa League Final 2015 will be contested at St. Jakob-Park in Basel in Switzerland.
The Europa League final date is on the May 18th 2016, with little doubt that UEFA Europa League final tickets will once again be hot property come the end of the football season.
How To Bet On the UEFA Europa League
As the Europa League has risen in popularity, so to have the betting options available for those of us who enjoy betting on the Europa League. Bookmakers offer a great range of traditional betting options at every stage of the Europa League, from head to head betting, goal totals and handicaps.
If you prefer alternative betting markets and exotics, bookmakers offer Europa League punters a great range of betting options. From first goal scorer betting, to time of first goal and correct score markets, you'll find bookmakers offering all the Europa League exotic betting markets you're looking for.
More Expert Betting Tips From Europe
Bet on the Europa League at bet-at-home
bet-at-home is one of the most respected and popular online bookmakers in Europe. With a tremendous reputation and a comprehensive menu of betting options available for leagues across the world, it's a great place for anybody who wants to bet on the Europa League. Currently new customers will receive a free bet up to the value of £50. You'll also find betting tools such as league statistics as well as live audio and video coverage of select events. With a great sign up offer bet-at-home is the perfect bookmaker for your Europa League betting needs.