Formerly known as the UEFA Cup, the UEFA Europa League is the continent's second most prestigious club competition behind the Champions League. Each season many of Europe's best clubs compete in the group stage with the best performing clubs advancing to the knock-out phase while third placed clubs from the Champions League group stage join the tournament.
UEFA Europa League Betting Tips
Being Europe's secondary club tournament behind the UEFA Champions League, the Europa League attracts tremendous betting interest every year. From the time that Europa League begins with qualification in July, through to the final in May, thousands of punters enjoying betting on the Europa League tournament and the 'big one' the Europa League final.
This popularity is reflected by the number of Europa League betting tips posted by the bettingexpert community right throughout the tournament. As the tournament progresses through each stage, the bettingexpert community post some of the best Europa League betting tips you'll find.
UEFA Europa League Fixtures 2016/17
- 16:00 GMT, 3rd Nov 20160 FC Astana0 Olympiacos
- 18:00 GMT, 3rd Nov 20160 Zorya0 Feyenoord
- 18:00 GMT, 3rd Nov 20160 Athletic Bilbao0 Genk
- 18:00 GMT, 3rd Nov 20160 Astra Giurgiu0 Viktoria Plzen
- 18:00 GMT, 3rd Nov 20160 Maccabi Tel Aviv0 AZ Alkmaar
- 18:00 GMT, 3rd Nov 20160 FK Qabala0 Saint-Etienne
- 18:00 GMT, 3rd Nov 20160 Sassuolo0 Rapid Wien
- 18:00 GMT, 3rd Nov 20160 Fenerbahce0 Manchester United
- 18:00 GMT, 3rd Nov 20160 APOEL Nicosia0 BSC Young Boys
- 18:00 GMT, 3rd Nov 20160 Austria Wien0 Roma
- 18:00 GMT, 3rd Nov 20160 Anderlecht0 Mainz 05
- 18:00 GMT, 3rd Nov 20160 Zenit St. Petersburg0 Dundalk
- 20:05 GMT, 3rd Nov 20160 FC Zuerich0 Steaua Bucuresti
- 20:05 GMT, 3rd Nov 20160 Ajax0 Celta Vigo
- 20:05 GMT, 3rd Nov 20160 Southampton0 Inter
- 20:05 GMT, 3rd Nov 20160 Fiorentina0 Slovan Liberec
- 20:05 GMT, 3rd Nov 20160 Nice0 Salzburg
- 20:05 GMT, 3rd Nov 20160 Villarreal0 Osmanlispor FK
- 20:05 GMT, 3rd Nov 20160 Panathinaikos0 Standard Liege
- 20:05 GMT, 3rd Nov 20160 Gent0 Shakhtar Donetsk
- 20:05 GMT, 3rd Nov 20160 Sparta Prague0 Hapoel Beer Sheva
- 20:05 GMT, 3rd Nov 20160 PAOK Thessaloniki FC0 Qarabag FK
- 20:05 GMT, 3rd Nov 20160 Schalke 040 FC Krasnodar
- 20:05 GMT, 3rd Nov 20160 Braga0 Konyaspor
- 16:00 GMT, 24th Nov 20160 Zenit St. Petersburg0 Maccabi Tel Aviv
- 16:00 GMT, 24th Nov 20160 FC Astana0 APOEL Nicosia
- 16:00 GMT, 24th Nov 20160 FK Qabala0 Anderlecht
- 16:00 GMT, 24th Nov 20160 Fenerbahce0 Zorya
- 18:00 GMT, 24th Nov 20160 Slovan Liberec0 Qarabag FK
- 18:00 GMT, 24th Nov 20160 Schalke 040 Nice
UEFA Europa League Stats
The holders of the Europa League 2015 are La Liga side, Sevilla, they defeated Dnipro to retain their title, which they also won back in 2014.
The Europa League / Uefa Cup title has been won by Liverpool FC of England, Juventus FC and Internazionale FC of Italy a joint 3 times, however after Sevilla's win in 2015, they now go ahead as the record holders, with 4 Europa League titles in the books.
The Europa League tournament was founded in 1971 but has been in its current and revamped format since 2009 with 48 teams competing from the initial group stages all the way to the final.
A change that kicked in during the 2015 season was that all future Europa League winners will qualify automatically for the following season's UEFA Champions League (Sevilla qualified for the Champions League as winners in 2015).
UEFA Europa League Final
The Europa League Final 2015 will be contested at St. Jakob-Park in Basel in Switzerland.
The Europa League final date is on the May 18th 2016, with little doubt that UEFA Europa League final tickets will once again be hot property come the end of the football season.
How To Bet On the UEFA Europa League
As the Europa League has risen in popularity, so to have the betting options available for those of us who enjoy betting on the Europa League. Bookmakers offer a great range of traditional betting options at every stage of the Europa League, from head to head betting, goal totals and handicaps.
If you prefer alternative betting markets and exotics, bookmakers offer Europa League punters a great range of betting options. From first goal scorer betting, to time of first goal and correct score markets, you'll find bookmakers offering all the Europa League exotic betting markets you're looking for.
More Expert Betting Tips From Europe
Bet on the Europa League at bet-at-home
bet-at-home is one of the most respected and popular online bookmakers in Europe. With a tremendous reputation and a comprehensive menu of betting options available for leagues across the world, it's a great place for anybody who wants to bet on the Europa League. Currently new customers will receive a free bet up to the value of £50. You'll also find betting tools such as league statistics as well as live audio and video coverage of select events. With a great sign up offer bet-at-home is the perfect bookmaker for your Europa League betting needs.