Formerly known as the UEFA Cup, the UEFA Europa League is the continent's second most prestigious club competition behind the Champions League. Each season many of Europe's best clubs compete in the group stage with the best performing clubs advancing to the knock-out phase while third placed clubs from the Champions League group stage join the tournament.
UEFA Europa League Betting Tips
Being Europe's secondary club tournament behind the UEFA Champions League, the Europa League attracts tremendous betting interest every year. From the time that Europa League begins with qualification in July, through to the final in May, thousands of punters enjoying betting on the Europa League tournament and the 'big one' the Europa League final.
This popularity is reflected by the number of Europa League betting tips posted by the bettingexpert community right throughout the tournament. As the tournament progresses through each stage, the bettingexpert community post some of the best Europa League betting tips you'll find.
UEFA Europa League Fixtures 2016/17
- 16:00 GMT, 29th Sep 20160 FK Qabala0 Mainz 05
- 16:00 GMT, 29th Sep 20160 FC Astana0 BSC Young Boys
- 18:00 GMT, 29th Sep 20160 Ajax0 Standard Liege
- 18:00 GMT, 29th Sep 20160 FC Zuerich0 Osmanlispor FK
- 18:00 GMT, 29th Sep 20160 Schalke 040 Salzburg
- 18:00 GMT, 29th Sep 20160 Slovan Liberec0 PAOK Thessaloniki FC
- 18:00 GMT, 29th Sep 20160 Sparta Prague0 Inter
- 18:00 GMT, 29th Sep 20160 Celta Vigo0 Panathinaikos
- 18:00 GMT, 29th Sep 20160 Steaua Bucuresti0 Villarreal
- 18:00 GMT, 29th Sep 20160 Gent0 Konyaspor
- 18:00 GMT, 29th Sep 20160 FC Krasnodar0 Nice
- 18:00 GMT, 29th Sep 20160 Fiorentina0 Qarabag FK
- 18:00 GMT, 29th Sep 20160 Hapoel Beer Sheva0 Southampton
- 18:00 GMT, 29th Sep 20160 Shakhtar Donetsk0 Braga
- 20:05 GMT, 29th Sep 20160 Saint-Etienne0 Anderlecht
- 20:05 GMT, 29th Sep 20160 Zenit St. Petersburg0 AZ Alkmaar
- 20:05 GMT, 29th Sep 20160 Olympiacos0 APOEL Nicosia
- 20:05 GMT, 29th Sep 20160 Austria Wien0 Viktoria Plzen
- 20:05 GMT, 29th Sep 20160 Genk0 Sassuolo
- 20:05 GMT, 29th Sep 20160 Fenerbahce0 Feyenoord
- 20:05 GMT, 29th Sep 20160 Dundalk0 Maccabi Tel Aviv
- 20:05 GMT, 29th Sep 20160 Roma0 Astra Giurgiu
- 20:05 GMT, 29th Sep 20160 Manchester United0 Zorya
- 20:05 GMT, 29th Sep 20160 Athletic Bilbao0 Rapid Wien
- 16:00 GMT, 20th Oct 20160 Qarabag FK0 PAOK Thessaloniki FC
- 18:00 GMT, 20th Oct 20160 FC Krasnodar0 Schalke 04
- 18:00 GMT, 20th Oct 20160 Hapoel Beer Sheva0 Sparta Prague
- 18:00 GMT, 20th Oct 20160 Standard Liege0 Panathinaikos
- 18:00 GMT, 20th Oct 20160 Osmanlispor FK0 Villarreal
- 18:00 GMT, 20th Oct 20160 Shakhtar Donetsk0 Gent
UEFA Europa League Stats
The holders of the Europa League 2015 are La Liga side, Sevilla, they defeated Dnipro to retain their title, which they also won back in 2014.
The Europa League / Uefa Cup title has been won by Liverpool FC of England, Juventus FC and Internazionale FC of Italy a joint 3 times, however after Sevilla's win in 2015, they now go ahead as the record holders, with 4 Europa League titles in the books.
The Europa League tournament was founded in 1971 but has been in its current and revamped format since 2009 with 48 teams competing from the initial group stages all the way to the final.
A change that kicked in during the 2015 season was that all future Europa League winners will qualify automatically for the following season's UEFA Champions League (Sevilla qualified for the Champions League as winners in 2015).
UEFA Europa League Final
The Europa League Final 2015 will be contested at St. Jakob-Park in Basel in Switzerland.
The Europa League final date is on the May 18th 2016, with little doubt that UEFA Europa League final tickets will once again be hot property come the end of the football season.
How To Bet On the UEFA Europa League
As the Europa League has risen in popularity, so to have the betting options available for those of us who enjoy betting on the Europa League. Bookmakers offer a great range of traditional betting options at every stage of the Europa League, from head to head betting, goal totals and handicaps.
If you prefer alternative betting markets and exotics, bookmakers offer Europa League punters a great range of betting options. From first goal scorer betting, to time of first goal and correct score markets, you'll find bookmakers offering all the Europa League exotic betting markets you're looking for.
More Expert Betting Tips From Europe
Bet on the Europa League at bet-at-home
bet-at-home is one of the most respected and popular online bookmakers in Europe. With a tremendous reputation and a comprehensive menu of betting options available for leagues across the world, it's a great place for anybody who wants to bet on the Europa League. Currently new customers will receive a free bet up to the value of £50. You'll also find betting tools such as league statistics as well as live audio and video coverage of select events. With a great sign up offer bet-at-home is the perfect bookmaker for your Europa League betting needs.