FA Cup Final Bet Builder Tips: Chelsea vs Liverpool, Sat May 14th
It’s the final match of the oldest football competition on the planet as Chelsea and Liverpool face off in the FA Cup final. Two of the best sides in Europe face off for what is an intriguing clash.
Chelsea vs Liverpool Bet Builder Tips
Sat, May 14th, 16:45 (UK Time)
Jurgen Klopp’s Reds are competing for an unprecedented quadruple. The League Cup has already been wrapped – courtesy of a win against Chelsea back in February. The Premier League will be settled next week with the Champions League Final against Real Madrid a week later.
For Chelsea, this is a chance of saving the season. The Blues have had a disappointing end to the campaign with an early exit from Europe and a likely 3rd-place finish in the Premier League.
Both sides have had pretty reasonable routes to the final. Chelsea have definitely had the better run of it with four of their five matches against sides from the lower divisions. They knocked out Chesterfield, Plymouth, Luton and Middlesbrough before beating Crystal Palace in the semis. Liverpool beat Shrewsbury, Cardiff, Norwich and Nottingham Forest before that semi-final against Manchester City.
It’s a rematch of the 2022 EFL Cup Final. The sides met at Wembley back in February. It finished 0-0 in 90 minutes before the Reds won the match after a lengthy penalty shootout.
Liverpool have had more than their fair share of disappointing results at Wembley. They’ve won only two of their last eight matches at Wembley in 90 minutes. Four of those eight games have gone all the way to penalties. They’ll hope that things have changed more recently with that 3-2 win over Manchester City in the semis.
The Carabao Cup final should be a good indicator for how this game will go. I can see it going down a similar route to that match with few goals and attacking opportunities. I think Chelsea will make themselves difficult to break down and look to frustrate Liverpool. That will give the Reds plenty of time on the ball, especially in wide areas.
Chelsea vs Liverpool Stats and Facts
- It’s the first time the FA Cup Final has been contested by two of the top 3 sides in the Premier League table since 2006/07
- It’s Chelsea’s fifth FA Cup Final appearance in six years. They’ve lost four of the previous five
- It’s only the second time that Liverpool have appeared in the FA Cup Final since they last lifted the trophy in 2007
- The sides have been drawing at halftime and full-time in each of the last three fixtures between Chelsea and Liverpool
- No player has had more shots, shots on target or crosses in the FA Cup this season than Chelsea’s Hakim Ziyech
FA Cup Final Bet Builder Tips
- Liverpool to Lift the Trophy
- Under 4 Goals in the Match for Both Teams Combined
- Under 12 Corners in the Match for Both Teams Combined
- Under 4 Cards in the Match for Both Teams Combined
- Trent Alexander-Arnold – Over 42.5 Passes in the Match
FA Cup Final Bet Builder Odds: 8.00
I’m going for another low-scoring match but I expect Liverpool to be holding the trophy at the end of it. The Reds are the better side in better form and the last couple of months makes me think they’ve gotten over their Wembley problems.
The last match saw very few corners – a common stat in fixtures between these teams. I expect that to continue and for there to not be too many bookings. The likeliest outcome is a lower-tempo match with Liverpool seeing plenty of the ball, especially in wide areas. That’s why I’ve gone for overs on passing for Trent Alexander-Arnold.
WHAT IS A BET BUILDER?
A bet builder is a kind of accumulator bet solely focussed on one match. A standard acca features multiple selections across different selections combined together into one bet. If one selection loses, the whole bet loses. A bet builder is similar but each selection is placed on the same match. Similar to the American prop bet, the bet builder goes into detail on a single match. Common selections include match outcome, total goals, cards, corners, and players to score.