- Arsenal entered their match with Man City at odds of 10.0 having opened at odds of 12.0, the longest odds an Arsenal team has been in the history of the Premier League. City won 5-0 with the correct score paying 34.0
- West Ham were odds on to defeat Crystal Palace, with the draw paying out at odds of 4.0 and the correct score of 2-2 paying 17.0
- Leicester entered their away match with Norwich at even money, getting the job done 2-1, the correct score paying 9.50.
- Newcastle lead Southampton 2-1 with minutes remaining. Southampton scored late to claim a valuable points, the 2-2 correct score paying 13.0.
- Everton took a value three points at Brighton having entered the match at odds of 3.35 to get the win, the correct score of 2-0 paying 17.0.
- Brentford earned a valuable point at Aston Villa, with Villa entering the match at close to even money. The 1-1 scoreline paid at odds of 7.0.
- Liverpool were unable to take advantage at home to Chelsea, with the draw paying 3.35, the correct scoreline of 1-1 paying odds of 7.0.
- On Sunday odds on favourites Manchester United and Tottenham took care of business, United defeating Wolves 1-0 and Spurs getting the job done 1-0 at home to Watford, while Burnley claimed a valuable point at home to leads, drawing 1-1 at odds of 3.50.
Premier League Perfect Acca
This weekend’s perfect Premier League acca paid at odds of 10,454.34, meaning for a single £10 wager, the return would have been £104,543.44.
|Man City – Arsenal||Man City||1.33|
|West Ham – Crystal Palace||Draw||4.0|
|Norwich – Leicester||Leicester||1.85|
|Newcastle – Southampton||Draw||3.50|
|Brighton – Everton||Everton||3.30|
|Aston Villa – Brentford||Draw||3.25|
|Liverpool – Chelsea||Draw||3.30|
|Tottenham – Watford||Tottenham||1.40|
|Burnley – Leeds||Draw||3.50|
|Wolves – Man Utd||Man Utd||1.75|
|PERFECT ACCA ODDS||10,454.34|
|PERFECT ACCA RETURN ON £10 STAKE||£104,543.44|
Let’s take a quick look at the perfect acca returns for the major leagues of England and Europe. The figures below are the returns on a £10 stake selecting each 1X2 result correctly in that league this weekend:
- Championship Perfect Acca: £928,447
- La Liga Perfect Acca: £37,565
- Bundesliga Perfect Acca: £7,319
- Ligue 1 Perfect Acca: £15,732
bettingexpert News Premier League Best Bets Results
The bettingexpert News Premier League Best Bets were profitable across all selections, generating a profit of +8.745 units from 67 units staked, a return on investment of just over 13%. For the season so far, the team has delivered a profit of +3.6 units across 215 stakes for a return of 1.67%.
|PREMIER LEAGUE MATCHES||SELECTION||Odds||Stakes||RESULT|
|Manchester City vs Arsenal||Both Teams to Score: No||1.81||9/10||WON|
|Aston Villa vs Brentford||Brentford +0.5 AH||1.93||7/10||WON|
|Brighton vs Everton||Over 2.5 Goals||2.32||6/10||LOSS|
|Newcastle Utd vs Southampton||Newcastle to win||2.62||6/10||LOSS|
|Norwich vs Leicester||Leicester -0.75 AH||2.07||7/10||HALF WON|
|West Ham vs Crystal Palace||Crystal Palace +0.5 AH||2.60||5/10||WON|
|Liverpool vs Chelsea||Chelsea +0.0 AH||2.10||7/10||PUSH|
|Burnley vs Leeds||Leeds to win||2.20||8/10||LOSS|
|Tottenham vs Watford||Watford +1.25 AH||1.88||5/10||HALF WON|
|Wolves vs Manchester United||Under 2.5 Goals||2.00||7/10||WON|
Top 10 Upsets of the Weekend
Let’s take a look at the biggest upsets of the weekend from around the top league’s of Europe.
|1||28th August||Italy Serie A||Empoli||def||Juventus||1-0||11.00||26.00|
|2||29th August||Austria Bundesliga||Reid||def||LASK||1-0||6.30||19.00|
|3||28th August||Turkey Super Lig||Kayserispor||def||Basaksehir||1-0||6.00||15.00|
|4||29th August||Ukraine Premier League||Minaj||draw||Shakhtar Donetsk||1-1||5.80||11.00|
|5||29th August||Ukraine Premier League||Veres Rivne||def||Desna||4-0||5.80||151.00|
|6||28th August||Italy Serie A||Atalanta||draw||Bologna||0-0||5.75||23.00|
|7||29th August||Belgium First Division||Waregem||def||Oostende||2-0||5.75||34.00|
|8||28th August||Belgium First Division||Seraing||def||Eupen||2-1||5.25||17.00|
|9||28th August||England Championship||Bristol City||def||Cardiff||2-1||4.50||17.00|
|10||29th August||Sweden Allsvenskan||Sirius||def||Djurgarden||1-0||4.20||13.00|
The biggest shock of the weekend was in Italy with Empoli defeating Juventus 1-0. Empoli entered the match at odds of 11.0 to get the win with the correct score paying 26.0.
It was the first of two unexpected results in Serie A over the weekend, with Bologna managing a draw with Atalanta at odds of 5.75. There were similar suprises in both the Ukraine and Belgium.
The biggest shock in terms of scoreline came from the Ukraine with Veres Rivne defeating Desna 4-0, entering the match at odds of 5.80 to claim the victory and the correct score of 4-0 paying out a huge 151.0.