This site contains commercial content

football | Friday, January 20, 2023 12:24 PM

Premier League Best Bets Jan 21st-23rd: Value Picks for 5 Matches this Weekend

Premier League Best Bets Jan 21st-23rd: Value Picks for 5 Matches this Weekend
Action Foto Sport / Alamy Stock Photo

Premier League Best Bets: January 21st-22nd

The Premier League best bets return for the weekend fresh off a couple of intriguing matches in midweek. After a successful week last time out, we’re back to provide the best bets for this full slate of fixtures. This week’s edition starts with that mouth-watering clash between Liverpool and Chelsea at Anfield.

In this article:


Liverpool vs Chelsea Preview

Saturday, 21st January, 12:30 (UK)

This matchday kicks off with an eye-catching fixture. Liverpool vs Chelsea has often been contested between two clubs at the top of the league in recent years. 9th host 10th this time around with both clubs in need of a massive result to turn their respective seasons around.

Away form has been the problem for Liverpool this season. They’ve only taken two fewer points at home than the leaders have this campaign. Meanwhile, the Reds have only taken eight from nine on the road. It’s a stark contrast but it’s something that will concern a Chelsea side that has struggled in both categories.

The Blues have won only two of their last 10 Premier League matches. They’ve gone five straight away league games without winning for the first time since 2015. This is a chance for some of their winter signings to impress. Joao Felix certainly had an impact in his debut last week but now it is Mykhalio Mudryk’s turn.

Liverpool vs Chelsea Best Bet

While I like Liverpool to win, I’m looking at the goals market here. Both sides have shown defensive frailties in recent matches and the attacking quality on the pitch cannot be ignored. Both teams scoring and over 2.5 goals has landed in six of Liverpool’s last seven Premier League matches. This should be another here.

  • Selection: Over 2.5 Goals and Yes on BTTS (TRACKED BET)
  • Best Odds: 2.05 (10Bet)
  • Stakes: 5/10

More Liverpool vs Chelsea Tips


Bournemouth vs Nottingham Forest Preview

Saturday, 21st January, 15:00 (UK)

Two of the Premier League’s new boys face off on the South Coast here. Bournemouth face Nottingham Forest with the hosts starting to look over their shoulders and the visitors in the ascendancy.

It’s been a difficult few months for the Cherries. After a fine start to life at the Vitality Stadium, the honeymoon period is over for manager Gary O’Neil. Bournemouth have lost eight of their last nine Premier League matches. They’re a point above the relegation zone and look set to slip a little closer to the brink should they fail to win here.

These last few months have been a lot smoother for Forest. Steve Cooper’s men have only lost two of their last nine Premier League matches – against Arsenal and Manchester United – and are preparing for a Carabao Cup semi-final next week.

They’ve sorted things out defensively, especially since the turn of the year. It’s two Premier League clean sheets on the bounce for Forest and three in their last five. They now face a Bournemouth side and look great value to get a result.

Bournemouth vs Nottingham Forest Best Bet

Forest are flying under the radar and the odds haven’t quite caught up with them. A side in this kind of form should not be the slight outsiders to get a win away at the team on the worst run of form in the league. Nottingham Forest are the bet here but I’m being a little more conservative with the pick. The win was tempting but the draw no bet at 1.95 is the value play.

  • Selection: Nottingham Forest Draw no Bet (TRACKED BET)
  • Best Odds: 1.95 (Unibet)
  • Stakes: 8/10

More Bournemouth vs Nottingham Forest Tips


Southampton vs Aston Villa Preview

Saturday, 21st January, 15:00 (UK)

The Saints host Aston Villa in a battle between two new managers who are starting to find results. Nathan Jones’ stint at St. Mary’s got off to a shaky start but the form in the cups may now be helping them in the league. Southampton have now won in a row in all competitions. They haven’t won four consecutive games on the spin since 2016.

Last weekend’s win away at Everton was massive for them. It put an end to a run of six straight defeats in the Premier League. It stopped them from losing seven straight English top-flight matches for the first time in their history.

Villa are a little further along in the Unai Emery era. Recent wins over Tottenham and Leeds have pushed them up to 11th. They’re closing ground on the top 10 and look set for a strong second half of the season.

Southampton vs Aston Villa Best Bet

I’m looking at the goals markets here. Both teams have scored in 10 of these sides’ last 12 matches combined in the league. Perhaps it’s no surprise that the BTTS is as low as 1.85.

But our resident robotic results revealer disagrees. BETSiE has BTTS at a 43% likelihood with no on BTTS at 57%. That provides plenty of value considering the odds have it at a 46.5% chance. Over the long term, this kind of value adds up.

  • Selection: No on Both Teams to Score (TRACKED BET)
  • Best Odds: 2.15 (BetVictor)
  • Stakes: 6/10

More Southampton vs Aston Villa Tips


Arsenal vs Man United Preview

Sunday, January 22nd, 14:00 (UK)

Arsenal host Manchester United at the Emirates on Sunday afternoon in another top-of-the-table clash this weekend. The Gunners could extend their lead at the top or be pulled a little closer to the pack with rival Manchester City playing beforehand. Pep Guardiola’s men already ate away at that points advantage with their midweek match. The Gunners could kick off here knowing they are only two points ahead of City with two games left to play against the Premier League champions.

They face a United side in fine form. The 1-1 draw with Crystal Palace in midweek put an end to a five-game winning run in the Premier League – their longest for four years. A win for United here could put them nine points clear of Tottenham in 5th, setting them up for a great chance of Champions League qualification.

Arsenal vs Man United Best Bet

The Gunners look unstoppable right now. They did four months ago when they travelled to Old Trafford fresh off a five-game winning run and ultimately lost 3-1. Some are using that as evidence that United will spring an upset here but that feels unlikely. Arsenal have only dropped two points at home all season and they came against Champions League rivals Newcastle a few weeks back.

United will also be without key man Casemiro in midfield after his booking in midweek. They’ll struggle to deal with this rampant Arsenal attack who will look to pin them back from the off and dominate possession. That may suit United in transitions but the Gunners have enough quality in attacking areas to put this game beyond reach.

  • Selection: Arsenal to Win (TRACKED BET)
  • Best Odds: 1.95 (SBK)
  • Stakes: 8/10

More Arsenal vs Man United Tips


Fulham vs Tottenham Preview

Monday, January 23rd, 20:00 (UK)

This matchday concludes with a London Derby on Monday night. Fulham host Tottenham eager to maintain their fine run of form since the Premier League resumed. The Cottagers have won four of their last five and now sit 6th in the table. They’ll actually leapfrog Antonio Conte’s men with a win in this one.

Things have gone from bad to worse for Spurs. It’s one win in five for them in the league since the Premier League resumed on Boxing Day. A defeat in the North London Derby last Sunday was made worse when they let a two-goal lead slip in their 4-2 loss at Manchester City in midweek.

Fulham vs Tottenham Best Bet

Fulham are a good pick on the Asian handicap market given the trajectory of the two clubs but I’m looking at the goals market instead. Spurs just can’t keep their opponents out right now. They’ve conceded at least twice in nine of their last 10 Premier League matches.

For much of this season, Fulham were the Premier League’s entertainers. Both teams scored in nine of their 10 opening matches this campaign. They’ve since tightened things up but that should change against a Spurs side that is leaky at the back and has Harry Kane up front.

  • Selection: Over 2.75 Goals (TRACKED BET)
  • Best Odds: 1.96 (bet365)
  • Stakes: 8/10

Best odds available as at 11:20 on 20th January 2023. Odds may now differ.

More Fulham vs Tottenham Tips


What are Football Best Bets?

Our best bets are posted by some of the best tipsters around. These are our tipsters best value bets. A best bet can be placed on any number of different markets. The most common of which are 1X2, the Asian handicap, BTTS, and the goals markets. Value can be found in matches from leagues across the world. Be sure to follow bettingexpert for the latest best bets.


Like the article:2

LATEST COMMENTS

No comments yet
Chat