Southampton vs Liverpool Bet Builder Tips: 2.40 Builder as Reds Travel to Bottom Side
Southampton vs Liverpool Bet Builder Tips: Sunday, May 28th
In a rather unusual situation, we take a look at this dead-rubber game in the Premier League on Sunday afternoon. It is a PL final-day clash between already relegated Southampton and Europa League-bound Liverpool at the St. Mary’s Stadium. To that effect, we’ve constructed a bet builder in the preview below.
In this article:
- Southampton v Liverpool Preview
- Southampton v Liverpool Stats & Facts
- Southampton v Liverpool Bet Builder
Southampton vs Liverpool Preview
England, Premier League, Sunday, May 28th, 16:30 (UK)
After a decade in the top flight, Southampton will be playing in the Championship next season. Despite a dire campaign, they will be keen to end things on a high when they host Liverpool on the final day of the season.
Regardless of the outcome on Sunday, the Saints will finish bottom of the Premier League. They’ve lost 25 of their 37 games so far, sitting seven points behind 19th-placed Leicester. Even with a win on Saturday, the Saints would finish with their lowest points total in a league season since the 1895/96 campaign when they only played 18 matches.
Three different managers have tried(Ralph Hasenhuttl, Nathan Jones and Ruben Selles) this season, but the Saints only have six league wins to their name.
At the moment, they have lost 10 of Ruben Selles’ 15 Premier League games in charge. It’s their longest winless run since March 1989. After suffering relegation, ending the season at home with a fixture against Liverpool does not look good.
As for Liverpool, the 1-1 home draw against Aston Villa last weekend all but ended their Champions League. Jurgen Klopp’s side will be sending off James Milner, Bobby Firmino, Naby Keita and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, who will all leave the club at the end of the season. So, it is more of an inconsequential game on both ends with their season already decided.
Liverpool are priced at 1.40 to win here and that should land easily given the firepower they possess, their H2H record and Southampton’s terrible run of form.
Southampton vs Liverpool Stats & Facts
- Southampton have suffered defeat 10 times in their 11 Premier League games against Liverpool.
- Since a 3-2 loss at St Mary’s in March 2016, Liverpool have not conceded up to two goals in a single match, in their last 13 Premier League games against Southampton.
- Southampton have suffered defeats in their final Premier League fixture in each of the last two seasons and it seems like that might happen again on Sunday.
- Since the start of March, no Premier League player has been involved in more goals than Mohamed Salah (11 goals, 6 assists).
Southampton vs Liverpool Bet Builder
Apart from the setback against Aston Villa last weekend, Liverpool had won seven straight games. They also kept three consecutive clean sheets before Jacob Ramsey’s goal at Anfield. On the other hand, Southampton are on a run of 12 games without a win (D3 L9).
Liverpool have been dominant in this fixture in recent years, so we are tipping them to win again. Being the final day, goals are expected to abound and Mohammed Salah should be able to add to his tally.
- Liverpool Win
- Over 2 goals in the match
- Mohammed Salah to score
Bet Builder odds: 2.70
Odds via bet365 as at 11:00 May 24th 2023. Odds may now differ.
More Southampton vs Liverpool Tips
Premier League Final Day Bet Builder Tips
- Arsenal vs Wolves Bet Builder Tips
- Aston Villa vs Brighton Bet Builder Tips
- Brentford vs Man City Bet Builder Tips
- Chelsea vs Newcastle Bet Builder Tips
- Crystal Palace vs Nottingham Forest Bet Builder Tips
- Everton vs Bournemouth Bet Builder Tips
- Leeds vs Tottenham Bet Builder Tips
- Leicester vs West Ham Bet Builder Tips
- Manchester United vs Fulham Bet Builder Tips
What is a Bet Builder?
What is a bet builder? A bet builder is a special kind of accumulator bet where the selections revolve around one game. A typical acca features single selections on multiple games combined in one bet slip. If one selection goes wrong, the whole bet goes south. A bet builder works in very much the same way but all of the selections are placed on one match. If one of the selections doesn’t play out correctly, your bet is lost even if the other selections come through. These selections range from things like match outcome to the number of goals, corners and cards.